Am I drinking too much?
It's not always easy to recognise or admit that you need help, and it's easy to gloss over some of the clear signs that your drinking might be out of control.
If you’re experiencing challenges, you’re not alone. Over 2% of the world population has an alcohol or illicit drug addiction, and this large figure doesn’t include the plethora of other addictions out there - sex, gaming, screens, and food - to name a few.
There are a number of signs may indicate that you're drinking too much. Some helpful questions to ask yourself are:
- Just how painful is the alarm and reality of work on a Monday morning?
- Is the quality of your work slipping to the point of it being noticed?
- How much frustration, anger or shame are you feeling about your situation right now?
- How brittle is your relationship with your immediate family right now?
- Have you been warned that this is your “last chance”?
- Do you need your fix in the mornings so you can function? Eg to get rid of the shakes.
- Have you ostracised someone close to you, or lost your job recently because of your addiction?
- Will you go to any length to get alcohol/drugs/your fix?
- Is your behaviour, and its consequences, ruining your life?
Are you ready to get this sorted, once and for all? Take our quiz today and get the help you need.